Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Veggie Chowder

Ok, I know you guys are sick of my vegginess- and I also know that Marilee just posted a corn chowder recipe- BUT I got this free cook book at costco and this recipe was in there and it was sooo easy and good, and if you had it the night after corn chowder it would still be new and yummy. All you need is:
  • 2 Tbsp Butter (or in my case Smart Balance Marg)
  • 1/4 Tsp Thyme
  • One Onion chopped
  • 1.5 cups milk (I used vanilla soy milk and it was really good)
  • 2.5 cups water
  • 2 bullion cubes
  • Two Potatoes cubed
  • 5 cups of Frozen Veggie Medley (I used the Fred Meyer Garden Veggie Medley which has red peppers, a few kinds of beans, broccoli etc. but of course the cook book recommended the costco variety.)
  • Salt and Pepper
Melt the butter in a soup pot and add the thyme and onion. When the onion is soft add the milk, water, bullion and potatoes and boil. Simmer until potatoes are soft. Then add the frozen veggies and bring back to a boil. Turn the heat to low and take two cups of the soup and put it in the blender and puree. Put the puree back into the soup and serve (salt and peppered) with biscuits. Seriously it's good!! Don't believe Vegan is Gross! It can be Good! Makes enough for 4 servings, and freezes well.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Made this chowder for lunch and it was delicious, is going into my recipe box

Keep those veggie recipes coming, have just become veggie so am looking for ideas